ilya

InstaQ Beta Release

41 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, imthiachulu said:

working good.. but many posts are posted multiple times.. have to check manually every now and than 

 

waiting for these features..

  • Commenting feature
  • Messaging feature
  • Hashtag research & analysis add-on

Thanks :)

InstaQ does its best to detect duplicate images, to prevent posting the same images/posts.
It uses the post ID (uniquely defined by Instagram) and the image URL to detect duplicates.
However, the system does not download the images while scraping to compute a MD5 hash for instance, to prevent duplicates. This might be a potential extra feature, but induces quite a lot of overhead/traffic.

2 hours ago, Nocturnae said:

Hello,

been trying this now for a few hours and I must say for a bot in this stage it performs really well. 

Before purchasing the pre-order I have a questions:

- will it (or is it) possible to like 1-5 posts from a certain user (most recent + random ones in the past) and then follow them? I've had great succes with this in the past, receiving a decent followback %

- will it be able to filter / ignore private profiles? 

- will it be able to focus only on active users (e.g.: users that posted within the last 100 days)

- will it be able to follow the users of a specific other user? 

- will it be able to notify me if one of the accounts has a mail confirm or phone confirm flag?

 

Hey, thank you for trying it out :)

  • It is possible to re-post from a specific user, you can use the @username query for this (in the configuration screen). But it's not possible to follow them as well. But we will add a feature that tags the original user in the description of your re-post, that way they can follow you back -- it is claimed by many users that such a technique is even better for gaining followers.
  • Yes, such a feature will be added soon.
  • ^
  • ^ (if you mean a user's followers?)
  • ^

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ilya said:

Thanks :)

InstaQ does its best to detect duplicate images, to prevent posting the same images/posts.
It uses the post ID (uniquely defined by Instagram) and the image URL to detect duplicates.
However, the system does not download the images while scraping to compute a MD5 hash for instance, to prevent duplicates. This might be a potential extra feature, but induces quite a lot of overhead/traffic.

Hey, thank you for trying it out :)

  • It is possible to re-post from a specific user, you can use the @username query for this (in the configuration screen). But it's not possible to follow them as well. But we will add a feature that tags the original user in the description of your re-post, that way they can follow you back -- it is claimed by many users that such a technique is even better for gaining followers.
  • Yes, such a feature will be added soon.
  • ^
  • ^ (if you mean a user's followers?)
  • ^

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Thanks! For the first question i actually didn't mean reposting content. What I do now (manually) is I go to a user's profile. I like his most recent post. Then I scroll down his timeline and like a picture from 3-4 weeks ago. After that I follow them. This looks like I was really interested in the user. 

Would there be a way to do this with InstaQ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Nocturnae said:

Thanks! For the first question i actually didn't mean reposting content. What I do now (manually) is I go to a user's profile. I like his most recent post. Then I scroll down his timeline and like a picture from 3-4 weeks ago. After that I follow them. This looks like I was really interested in the user. 

Would there be a way to do this with InstaQ? 

It is possible to achieve in manual mode, where you can scrape a bunch of likes, and then remove intermediary ones (creating gaps).
But it's not possible to let autopilot do this. It could be a potential feature, but definitely a low priority one.

@godweed2 thank you for that list, I'll look into it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I keep getting this error even if I updated Java to the last version

 

Quote

Tue May 16 19:56:37 CEST 2017

#LC75: Startup tests failed. Try restarting InstaQ or contact support.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just being totally honest with you here.  I love what you have done, but a couple of requests that would make this awesome.  

  1. If we could add posts to repost by instagram Url.  I have several accounts / lists that I have scraped and could just import and edit the text
  2. Set specific times to repost / post content.  Currently it just posts all the items back to back.  Could probably change this is I set the Interval timer to something like 3600sec.  It would then just post every hour.
  3. Is there an Unfollow feature, did I miss this?  Eventually if you are following 100 or more a day you are going to hit the upper limit of 7500 and I know I don't want to have to go in and unfollow them all manually.

Thanks for creating this and stepping up to the plate when we are all looking for alternatives to the other software that is no longer available.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The app will not log into my Instagram account. I get this:

2017-05-19_2204

I tried to log in with username or email address. Same issue.
My Java is upto date.
What do I do?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, livelife said:

The app will not log into my Instagram account. I get this:

2017-05-19_2204

I tried to log in with username or email address. Same issue.
My Java is upto date.
What do I do?

 

 

I will have to debug/investigate this issue, it seems out of the ordinary.
Could it be that your password and/or username contain special characters?
If that is not the case, would it be possible to come on Skype for a chat, so we can look into this issue up close.
My Skype ID: healthchants
Kindly send me an email with your Skype ID and when you are most likely online (because I don't come on Skype very often).

On 17/5/2017 at 4:39 AM, urwebguru said:

Just being totally honest with you here.  I love what you have done, but a couple of requests that would make this awesome.  

  1. If we could add posts to repost by instagram Url.  I have several accounts / lists that I have scraped and could just import and edit the text
  2. Set specific times to repost / post content.  Currently it just posts all the items back to back.  Could probably change this is I set the Interval timer to something like 3600sec.  It would then just post every hour.
  3. Is there an Unfollow feature, did I miss this?  Eventually if you are following 100 or more a day you are going to hit the upper limit of 7500 and I know I don't want to have to go in and unfollow them all manually.

Thanks for creating this and stepping up to the plate when we are all looking for alternatives to the other software that is no longer available.

Thank you for your feedback, I highly appreciate it! :)
Your features (2 and 3) are already on our to-do list, which you can see here:
http://forum.healzer.com/topic/185-instaq-features-and-requests/

Regarding feature 1, I have added it to our to-do list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/5/2017 at 7:59 PM, Sebastian said:

Hi,

I keep getting this error even if I updated Java to the last version

 

 

Hello :)

Are you by chance running InstaQ from another disk/drive, such as E:/ drive (instead of your C:/ drive)?
Try placing the InstaQ directory on your Desktop, and then launch InstaQ.jar from there.
It happens (for some users) that Java has insufficient privileges (due to your operating system) to create a database, download and modify files inside its own directory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, livelife said:

The app will not log into my Instagram account. I get this:

2017-05-19_2204

I tried to log in with username or email address. Same issue.
My Java is upto date.
What do I do?

 

 

No special characters. Password has lower case, upper case characters and numbers.Username is just a word
And they are definitely correct. I sent you skype connection request. Thx.
Barbara

Edited by livelife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update 1.0.1.8

  • Scrape user's followers using the query: @username/followers
  • Scrape user's followings, query: @username/following

fllwrsfllwing.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update 1.0.1.9

  • Configuration has been adjusted: now you can define custom timeout times per activity (upload, follow, like, ...)
  • Commenting and messaging features have been added.
  • Hashtag generator now generates real hashtag not just suggested/related keywords.

cfgInstaQ.png

hashtagGen.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just getting started and getting the hang of the application.

If you're looking for features--one which I'd appreciate is a "like back" where I could find a way to like back a certain number of photos for someone who likes my postings (and I could like back both current followers and non-followers)

Thanks !

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update 1.0.2.0

The end of the beta phase is approaching.
We have implemented the unfollow feature:

unfollowing.png

Using it is very straightforward, just head over to the "main" viewer, and under the "Unfollowing" tab click the Start button.
You will receive a confirmation dialog telling you that unfollowing can take some time because it will first scrape all your account's Followers and Followings. The max scrape limit for each is a bit over 50k users - this is a restriction by Instagram themselves.

Once the preparation phase is done, it will start unfollowing users based on the #unfollowing and timeout you specify.
The Unfollowing count is just how many users it should unfollow in the operation. The timeout is the number of seconds between each unfollow operation.

Two important notes:

First It's important that no other operation on the account is running, especially not the "follow" feature, otherwise it could unfollow users which you've just followed recently.
Secondly, only run the unfollow a certain time after the "follow" feature has finished. It's best to wait 1-2 days and give your audience time to follow you back, those which do not follow you back will then be unfollowed :)

Right now the unfollowing is done manually like this, but in future updates we will make it part of the autopilot operation.

If anyone has questions or comments feel free to reach out.

Cheers!
healzer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a solution of this: Keyword Generator is generating tags with "#" which is not working in Manual actions tab. Please fix this bug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now